Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sarcasm vs Criticism

What's the difference between Sarcasm and Criticism? It depends..

If you really want to belittle someone, just use Sarcasm.
If you only want to give a 'little push' to someone, use Criticism.

Take for example:
When one asks you a question like, "it's raining. What should I do?"
Your replies/answers can be:
A. Go out and wet yourself.
B. Stand on something which makes you the focus point in the rain.
C. What do you think you should do when it rains?
D. Proof to me that it is raining now, by adding +C.

If your answer is A and B, you are using Sarcasm.
If your answer is C and D, you are being just a 'little pushy'.

Most of the times, Criticism is a good way of saying things without hurting others. But when you get #@%*!! It is best to use Sarcasm. It always works effectively, as most people have the ability to recornise that the answer is wrong.

When I was small, I always asked, "Where should I put these (to refer to anything that I am carrying). My father always replied, "Put it on top of your head!"
I really felt like a "sucker" but it's a good way of educating your child.

OMG! I should not use "your child" again or else,people will demand for an apology again (baseless demand). Sarcasm really gets into your head, and sticks there almost in milliseconds.

It all depends on the question (most of the times). If you think the question is silly, answer back with sarcasm embedded in it. If you think it's just an innocent question, use Criticism. But if you think that is a question that is silly and innocent, just "bang your head on the wall!"

No comments:

Post a Comment